Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10,2009

Mother is doing quite well. She said that twice now she has stopped and called out to him to ask a question. She is at peace with the passing of Dad. She knows that he is in Heaven and isn't hurting any more.
Over the last few days, we have sat and remembered things that were happening to Dad, never knowing that he was dying. His kidneys had poisioned his system so much. The commands from the brain to his feet never made it. We had to pull on the leg he needed to move to walk. He would remember things and then be confused about the oddest things. Even in the last trip to ER, Dad could say his S.S. number.
Dad knew the end was close. He told Mother, "I can't walk, I can't stand, I can't lay down, and now I can't breath." But now he can do all those things!! I stop and wonder what he is doing. The words to the song "I can only imagine" come to me all the time. What will we do when we face the Lord?

1 comment:

  1. You don't know us, but we are in Jon and Kathy's Sunday School Class and I just wanted to let y'all know that we have been praying for you for a while now and will continue to pray for you. This is a hard thing to go thru. I lost my dad last year to Alzheimers and he was only 59. For some time, we felt guilt for thanking God for taking him home. He is healthy now and we rejoice. This is only a temporary seperation until we too go home to be with the Lord. Our prayers will continue for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete